So today is officially one year since I began blogging here at Born and Bred in Brooklyn, and I honestly can’t believe how quickly time has flown!
Looking back, I remember being slightly apprehensive about starting this journey. I honestly didn’t know where to begin or what my blog would truly be about, but I decided to just go with the flow and hope that with time and more experience I’d figure it all out. Although I definitely can’t quite say I’ve got this whole blogging thing down, I am really proud of where I am today.
Things I’ve loved this past year are:
- Connecting with so many amazing bloggers who continuously inspire me everyday.
- Discovering that there is no better place to spend a Friday than partying it up with Angie (The Novice Gardener) and so many others at Fiesta Friday and just seeing how much its grown in such a short amount of time.
- Being able to work on my skills as a photographer, and although I’ve got a long way to go, I’m so happy with the progress I’ve made.
- Trying new recipes and succeeding, because believe me there are loads of mishaps that never make it here!
- Seeing that visitors from all over the world have stopped by my humble blog and read what I’ve written; that truly means so much, so thank you!!
Of course there were moments when I wondered if I wanted to keep on doing this because it really is more difficult than I ever could’ve imagined. From planning posts, to shopping for ingredients, to cooking, and finally photographing and editing, blogging can be like a full-time job (and more power to those whose job it actually is!), but I truly wouldn’t change any of it.
So I invite you to please celebrate this day with me (and bring your friends, too!) because I’ve only just begun and am so excited for where this road will take me.